in the style of coco, here are…
- threw out my back at a circuit of change class on 3/22 (no, i am not a fan anymore! i didn’t go back after this – i have never hurt my back before and i did not enjoy it.)
- started my new (old) job on monday, 3/26. it’s going swimmingly.
- got sick the week of 3/26… i think it started that night i threw out my back, and then i was working very hard my first week so didn’t have time to rest. i couldn’t do much yoga this week – i went to 1 class tuesday night and had to walk out after 15 minutes because i was getting a splitting headache. i was even still sick for…
- an awesome flight school class with ragunath on 4/1. i am working on my handstand, and this class was incredible. everything, from sun salutations to the sequencing, to backbends, to anything really, had inversion options. i got into a handstand that i held for about 5 seconds which was very inspiring. since i was sick (recovering) i took child’s pose quite frequently during the 2-hour class. i did get an assist from ragunath – he is awesome.
- lots of work last week, and still recovering from this awful cold – i still have congestion even now, nearly 2 weeks after i first got sick.
- i’m in a choir here in NYC and we have a concert coming up on friday the 13th. i’ve been practicing for that and i can’t wait for the show. we’re performing verdi’s requiem at a church on 5th avenue.
- i bought 9 weeks of ceramics class at a studio near my apartment. i did ceramics for 2 or 3 years in high school and took a short (5 weeks) class last spring. can’t wait to get back into it. i will have to take pictures of my work sometime. unfortunately i’m moving in ~2 weeks so it won’t be that close anymore. but they had a good price for the classes and i have to have a creative outlet like that.
more on flight school
- class starting with singing/chanting all together. i was there with one of bobby’s coworkers who joins us for yoga every saturday and i was worried he might think the chanting was weird, but he loved the class.
- ragunath gave a great dharma talk (the little speech yoga teachers give at the beginning of class – you know, setting an intention, letting go of everything during your time on the mat, etc, etc…). i am kicking myself because i can’t remember exactly what he said to us – i remember it touched me though.
- crazy, sweaty, inversion-heavy flow.
more on ragunath here. turns out he was a celibate monk (practicing one of the yamas, bramacharya = celibacy) for 6 years in india! he has kids now.
a meal or two
- i’ve been forgoing meat lately in favor of veggies and tofu. not sure why – but i’m going to go with it until i get bored. i like to listen to my body and that’s what it’s craving for now. i’ve had a few amazing meals at souen – i love their macro plate. this is a plate of brown rice, chickpeas (my favorite bean they serve), kale, broccoli, kabocha, carrot, hijiki seaweed, and a tahini-dill dressing.
times 2! the one below had some kind of white beans instead. nowhere near as good as chickpeas in my opinion.
have you ever had a macro plate? and why do chickpeas have two names? have you ever been to flight school?
p.s. Happy Easter! (Or whatever you celebrate.)