I’ve been an absolutely horrible blogger lately. I just, well, haven’t been blogging at all.
A few wonderful things have happened to me in the last week or so:
- My hubby and I finally closed on our new home and moved in (5/5/2012).
- I went to another Ragunath workshop (post about my first flight school here) that same day (5/5) at a beautiful studio on the UES. The studio was called House of Jai. Unfortunately the prices are a bit steep for me but I hope to attend workshops there when I can.
- Work is going extremely well. I really like my boss, and it is pretty awesome to have a woman as a mentor in my line of work (web development & software engineering).
- I got a stand-up desk ::happy dance::.
- The day after the Ragu workshop (5/6), I went to free yoga at Lululemon (10am on Sunday mornings @ lulu on 66th and 3rd) and the teacher was the guy who assisted Ragunath the day before. Funny coincidence.
I also figured out what has been causing most of my stomach issues. I’m not sure if I have mentioned them here before, but I have lived with bloating and IBS-C for about 6-7 years now, and I couldn’t even remember what it was like to feel normal. Turns out I’m sensitive/allergic to a bunch of random things (I believe my condition is called fructose malabsorption), including some of my favorite foods like apples, onions, and garlic.
I was eating a diet rich in veggies and fruits, but that diet has been the main cause of the problems I’ve been suffering through. Now that I know it, I have cut down on those foods (wah) and my stomach is practically cured. It’s shocking – I just wish I had known it sooner. It’s weird to be eating so few veggies but if it’s what my body needs…
My meals mainly consist now of things like rice, maybe bread, eggs, potatoes (sweet and white), meats, and the few veggies that don’t bother my stomach (small amounts of salad – no onions, raw are the worst!; squash is ok in small amounts; tomatoes; peppers; carrots; etc…). The key is to only eat a little bit of veggies. It seems so wrong to not eat so many… but it is working out very well. Sigh. I am thrilled that my stomach feels better but it is strange mentally to not eat so much salad and veg.
B and I were cleaning all weekend and this week too, and I think I got too much dust in my nose because I have congestion today and I’m staying home from work (will probably work from home, later) to try to get better. On that note, I am going to go get some stuff done. I’m sitting with a cup of fresh coffee by my south-facing window in my new home and it feels very luxurious. Maybe pictures to come soon of the new place.